Welcome to Agricultural Education at Colorado State University!
Thank you for your interest in our programs. We have a thriving program in agricultural and extension education. Regardless of your interest, the faculty and staff in agricultural education will strive to provide to you all of the mentoring and help that you desire to assist you in meeting your goals! Read on to discover more details about the programs that we offer!
Kellie Enns, Assistant Professor
What is Agricultural Education?
Agricultural Education is defined as a systematic program of instruction for students desiring to learn and teach/educate the science, business, and technology of agriculture, food and environmental/natural resource systems. Agricultural education prepares students for successful careers and a lifetime of informed choices regarding agriculture.
Purposes of the Agricultural Education Program:
- 1. Provide mentoring and support to students pursuing agricultural education concentrations
- 2. Provide relevant and experiential education opportunities for students in the program areas
- 3. Develop a sound research plan of work which articulates a two-fold research agenda: the philosophical need for agricultural education and evaluates participants’ learning programming in agricultural education
- 4. Provide value added support for College of Agricultural Sciences programs at Colorado State University who practice agricultural education and literacy outreach, research and teaching
- 5. Conduct selected educational programming for community-based groups, non-profit organizations, and/or College of Agricultural Science programs
- 6. Conduct selected educational programming evaluation for community-based groups, non-profit organizations, and/or and College of Agricultural Science programs
-Agricultural Experiential Learning & Mechanics
-Master of Extension Education Internships